ACBT London Terms and Conditions
Acceptance for training and testing is subject to the terms and conditions set out below and in any correspondence sent by ACBT London rider training. (In documentation referred
to as “us”, “we”, “our” or “ACBT London) relevant to your training.
1. Payment for the prescribed course/courses/training and / or test fee in part (as a deposit) or in full at the time and place of booking as instructed by us.
2. ACBT London LTD undertakes to provide you with professional motorcycle training by instructors who are certified with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
3. If required ACBT London will provide a loan helmet, gloves and water-resistant over jacket. (Size range XS to XXXL). These must be returned at the end of your training day. You will be required to sign the items out with the office staff and they will be checked at the end of each day. If items are not returned you will be responsible for the cost of these. Failure to comply with 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 below may result in your training being cancelled and your fee will be forfeit (training fees are not refundable).
3.1 Trainees MUST ALWAYS wear jeans as a minimum. Tracksuit/jogging trousers or other similar flimsy clothing are NOT permitted for motorcycle training.
3.2 Footwear should be boots that cover the ankle rather than shoes. Trainers or soft shoes are NOT permitted for motorcycle training. Steel toe cap boots are NOT permitted for motorcycle training.
3.3 We can provide all safety equipment except for trousers. If you borrow any of our equipment, we will check this out to you at the start of the day and in from you at the end of the day.
4. Payment must be made, in full, at the time of booking a CBT training course. For DAS bookings a deposit is requited at time of booking and the remainder to be paid no less than 14 days before the start of your training. Cheques are not accepted.
5. Changes to a CBT training date must be notified at least 7 days in advance failure to do so will result in all payments being forfeited (training fees are non-refundable).
6. 14 days notice is required in relation to the cancellation of intensive courses (the DVSA test fee might be lost in any event). Late arrival for training will result in the training scheduled for that day being forfeited along with all payments made in part or full.
6.1 Trainees should arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the course for registration. Late arrival for training will result in the training scheduled for that day being forfeited along with all payments made in part or full.
7. All deposits / Balance payments are non-refundable. Training must be started within 3 months of paying the deposit otherwise payments will be forfeited, unless this has previously been agreed with us in writing.
8. You must produce at the start of your training a signed valid UK driving licence. If you still have the old style paper licence you will need to produce an in date, valid photo ID alongside this such as a passport. If you have a European licence then you need to produce a valid D9 form as well (Please call us if you are unsure about this). Failure to provide a valid driving licence, photo I.D (legal requirement to train on the road), Road Tax, Insurance or to comply with any legal requirement relating to the students own motorcycle that is intended for training purposes may result in cancellation of training and forfeit of any deposit paid.
9. Motorcycling is potentially hazardous. You should be aware of this, we will take all reasonable precautions to ensure your safety whilst you are training with us, however you should also do your best to prevent injury or accident to yourself or others.
10. Tuition will not be given to any person deemed, by the instructor, to be of an unfit state and, in the case of self-inflicted incapacity, i.e. under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and not meeting the minimum eyesight requirement to drive ( standard number plate at 20.5m), the full fee for the appropriate day’s training will be forfeited. We reserve the right to insist on a voluntary breathalyser test if we deem this necessary. Whilst the test is voluntary, refusal of the test will result in termination of your training and your fee will be forfeited.
11. We expect our students to conduct themselves in a responsible manner as befits a learning environment. Disruptive or abusive behaviour, acting irresponsibly, recklessly or dangerously, having balance issues and/or falling off could result in the cancellation of your training and will forfeit all payments made.
12. It is important that trainees advise us of any special learning needs or requirements, or behavioral needs, or health needs; anything that may affect the trainees ability to act upon or interpret information and or instruction. It is important for your safety, the safety of others and for the quality of your training that you take the time to advise us of this. All information recieved in this respect will be non-disclosable outside of ACBT London and will be treated with the upmost confidentiality. This information will enable us to offer you a customer centric training day and the best quality of training possible.
13. Test fees, Theory and Practical, must be paid for, in full, at the time of booking.
14. When undertaking a Direct Access intensive training course, it is entirely at the instructor’s discretion as to when a student can progress to a larger motorcycle.
15. ACBT London (rider training) LTD cannot accept responsibility for any cancellation of training on the part of the instructor due to family tragedy, illness, injury, adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or tests cancelled by the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). In such circumstances alternative dates for training/test will be provided, any training undertaken will be classed as complete. Any alternative training required for cancelled tests will need to be paid for.
16. Third party insurance is included within the price. Any damage to ACBT London Motorcycles, scooters, mopeds and any other ACBT London equipment must be paid in full by the student on a new for old basis. ACBT London reserves the right to hold on record customers debit/credit card details to be used to pay for any damage or replacement machines and any road traffic violations.
17. ACBT London does not cover students for family tragedy, illness, injury, any personal injury or damage to, or loss of possessions. Students should ensure they have their own cover for these risks. We are not responsible for any circumstance that results in customers not being able to attend, failure to attend or arrival after the start time will result in all payments being forfeited.
18. For your safety, our safety, staff monitoring, crime prevention and evidence gathering and/or complaint resolution CCTV is in operation throughout the course. Additionally our instructors are equipped with bodycams for the same purpose. Footage is not disclosable or used for any other purpose and will be treated with full confidentiality. Additionally we record all of our incoming and outgoing phone calls for the same purposes. Again these are non disclosable, they are not used for any other purpose than that stated above and will be treated with full confidentiality.
19. No part of any of our training courses can be filmed by individual trainees without our, ACBT London, pre-requested and written permission and, additionally, our instructor(s) permission and permission from the other student(s) on the course with you.
20. All bookings are taken on acceptance of the above terms and conditions. ACBT London (rider training) Ltd reserve the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions when necessary and without prior notification.